Our free 30 minute music therapy consultation is all about answering your questions and formulating a plan of action for you, your child, or a loved one.
Please note that this initial consultation is not a music therapy session.
So what exactly does a consultation cover?
- We’ll meet you and your child in person
- We may demonstrate several brief music therapy interventions to give you an idea of what sessions would look like. If you desire to see more hands-on examples to determine if music therapy is right for you we encourage you to schedule a formal assessment/evaluation.We’ll discuss possible goal areas for treatment based on client needs and how we can use music to address those goals.
- We’ll provide you with the evidence-based research on music therapy with the diagnosis of you, your child, or loved one.
Here are a few tips and tricks to prepare for a successful consultation:
- Don’t expect your child to stay engaged during the consultation. They can play with toys or come in and out of the room at their discretion.
- Be open and honest regarding the potential client’s skill levels. Your honesty will allow us to prepare the best assessment possible should you pursue services.
- Have any reports available from teachers or therapists (i.e. assessment reports, IEPs, etc.) if you have them available. This will give the music therapist an idea of what is currently being addressed in other environments.